Here are afew things you should know about becoming a Personal Trainer in Australia
- How can I become a Personal Trainer?
Personal Trainers require two nationally accredited qualifications a Certificate III and IV in Fitness, with these two qualifications you are then able to gain membership with the leading fitness associations – Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia.
- Can I study and work in Australia?
Absolutely! Normally Fitness programs are provided two or three times per week. Many of the students work and study at the same time.
- What kind of subjects are you studying in this program? fitness fundamentals, nutritional guidance, anatomy, physiology, how to prescribe exercise as well solutions for a range of groups and special populations (including older adults and children), administration duties at fitness centre gyms, among others
- What are the pre- requisites for studying Certificate III and IV in Fitness?
English level: IELTS 5.5, Completion of year 10 (Australia) or equivalent, interest in getting fit and keeping fit and desire to learn and teach others about fitness.
- What are the opportunities to get a job in Australia as a Personal Trainer?
Check the following info:
a) Employment for Fitness Instructors/Personal Trainers to 2018-19 is expected to grow very strongly. Employment in this large occupation (27 600 in November 2014) rose moderately in the past five years and rose very strongly in the long-term (ten years), according to the Job Outlook website.
b) Personal Trainer Education Levels
Source: *Job Outlook Government website. ABS Labour Force Survey, DEEWR trend data to November 2012 and DEEWR projections to 2019. Estimates have been rounded.
6. What is the average salary for a Personal Instructor?
c) The average salary for Personal Instructor related jobs is $51,561 per year or $26 per hour. This is around 0.9 times less than the Median wage of the country. Entry level positions start at $36,000 while most experienced workers make up to $72,000.
Do you want to know more about these programs? Don’t hesitate to contact us!