Melbourne is the second-largest city in Australia, and a destination you cannot miss out. Read this blog post and find out if this is the city you should study in.
Study in Cairns
And speaking of tropical nature, the weather is also tropical, so you’ll have to face a rainy season and a drier one. The wet season is more than humid; We speak of monsoons, so be prepared to get used to the water out of the sea.
It is a small city, so you can walk to almost anywhere, although another option is the bicycle. But if your idea is to leave the city to explore the surroundings every week, you will have to take the bus operated by the company Sunbus.
The level of life of Cairns is considerably lower than in the big cities, taking into account that its size is also smaller. For this reason, the rents and the rest of your fixed expenses will be lower, although it is true that, also due to its size, the JOB OPPORTUNITIES ARE not too great.
Should I live in Cairns?
Where should you live in Cairns?
- Cairns Center: This is the preferred area because it is where the action is. The main street has absolutely everything you could need right in front of the beach. What more could you want?
- Cairns North: It is the closest to the city and is surrounded by gardens and plants.
- Redlynch: It is located a little further inland and is considered residential for families.
- Watch where you put your foot! Cairns is an earthly paradise, but that’s not why all its beaches are open to the public since it’s so wild that animals roam freely and can be dangerous.
- We’ve already talked about storms, so do not forget to put a raincoat or an umbrella in your suitcase. Oh! And remember that the sensation of humidity can reach levels unknown until now for you.
- Above we explained how easy and fast it is to move around the city, but if you want to visit the entire surrounding area it is better to take a Sunbus, which although belongs to the TransLink transport consortium, you will not be able to use your GoCard in them yet. If you are going to move often, you may be compensated for renting a car.
Your study options
The initial step to learning English is through a basic General English program. This is an easy going and dynamic way of learning. This course will lead you through the main 4 elements of the language such as speaking and reading.
Vocational courses (VET) offer students the opportunity to learn occupational skills ranging from Hospitality, Project Management, Business, sports and Fitness, etc., and that usually include work experience.
Australian universities have a great reputation worldwide, so having the opportunity to study higher education in a country like Australia can be a decision that will impact the rest of your professional future.