Visas Australia

Student Visa

The student visa is for people who wish to undertake an academic program in Australia. The requirements for a student visa vary depending on the type, of Course, you wish to do. There are different types of courses you can undertake. For ELICOS Courses, you don’t need to necessarily show previous English proficiency, however for VET Courses and higher education you need to have a proficiency prior to applying. The requirements to apply for a student visa, change depending on the institution and the program you wish you study.

The mínimum time you can apply for a student visa is 3 months since this is the requirement from the Department of Immigration of Australia. You can extend your student visa onshore, by choosing a specific study program and meeting the requirement of being a genuine student in Australia.

A student visa in Australia allows you to work 40 hours per fortnight during your studies and full time during your holidays.

There is only 2 types of student visa, Subclass 500, for students and Subclass 590, student guardian visa

Yes! I want to study and work

Working Holiday Visa

The Working Holiday Visa gives you 12 months to travel to Australia from the date the visa is granted and allows you to stay in in the country for 12 months from the date you first enter.

You can leave and re-enter Australia within the 12 months from the date of initial entry. However, if you depart Australia during your 12 months stay you are not able to recover in any way the period of time spent outside of the country.

You must be outside Australia when you apply online for your first Working Holiday visa and when the visa is granted.

Working holidaymakers, who have been employed in specified work in regional Australia for a minimum of three months, will be eligible to apply for a second working holiday visa, allowing them to stay in Australia for a further 12 months, provided they continue to meet the working holiday eligibility requirements.

Work and Holiday Visa

The Work and Holiday (Temporary) is for people who want to travel and work in Australia for up to a period of 12 months.

This is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible partner countries.

You can always study while on a Work and Holiday visa, in order to improve your English Skills

Are these options not suitable for you?

Contact Us